Sunday, October 18, 2009

Change with the Season

Can't believe it's fall already! However, I'm settling in to the change in weather.

I love changing home decor to match the weather. About a week ago I got rid of the summer look and got out my fall things. Hanging and sitting flower pots were taken away from the entryway and the porch to the garden, tucked away in a corner to gracefully loose their beauty--aww--sad. Pumpkins and fall foliage and autumn welcome greetings now beckons visitors and passers-by. Inside our home is more fall foliage and colors and scents to set the mood of the season.

Where do you get the energy to keep up with all this? That's the question I get all the time. My answer--doing that kind of stuff fuels my energy and brings me joy. In addition, most of the items are recycled from years before so there's no burden on my purse strings at all. And best of all, my house is not the dullest on the block. It looks lived in and, in a way, it tells the story of residents who enjoy and value their home.

Hope you're doing what brings you joy to usher in the change in season!

No comments:

Post a Comment